Friday, November 23, 2012

Baskin Robbins Finale at Publika

Got off the train from Ipoh and up on the bus in time before it left for 1Utama. Yuki picked me up from there but I was late due to unforseen JAM! Well, what's new KL?

Was supposed to arrive before 8pm but we got there a little later, at 8.10pm. At least we got a parking right away. Otherwise, we would have been even later! Lined up at the registration counter and got our T-Shirts! We had pink t-shirts in support to Huai Bin's Cookies and Cream campaigne! We got changed and camwhored in the washroom before heading back to the Square for the event.
Photobucket

Here's a picture of the event! People mountain people sea! Why? Because there were FREE FLOW ICE CREAM by Baskin Robbins ALL NIGHT!!!
Photobucket

Here are the contestants of the flavor election campaigne help by Baskin Robbins!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's Yuki and I. :)
Photobucket
Cookies and Cream, Making people happy!!!
Photobucket
Here's a random other blogger queuing up in front of us which had "All you need is MORE ice cream!" written on his shirt.
Photobucket

The Emcee of the night, I believe is Liang, turns out to be a musician. He is quite a good singer and pianist.
Photobucket

Photobucket

As Yuki and I queued up for our free flow ice cream for dinner, Huai Bin approached me, asking me how fast I could gulp down ice cream. I never did know how to reply him as I have never eaten Ice cream in a fast pace before. He asked me to join him for the ice cream eating competition and I accepted that challenge as he had given me free ice cream and ice cream cake previously. How can I turn down help that is needed? HAHA!!! Diet for 1 month, DEAD! LOL!!! Here's us on stage!!!
Photobucket
The challenge is for the 5 teams of 3. We were supposed to eat as much as we could in 2 minutes. I wan't paying attention to the rules so I thought we were supposed to eat as fast as we could and the winner would be the one who finished first. Here's a video...

In the end, we FINISHED everything in about 1 and a half minutes and everyone cheered!!! Then did I know we were just supposed to eat as much as possible in 2 minutes instead of just finishing it. Huai Bin said the sponsors were even thinking about refilling our cups of ice cream!!! WOW!!! Thinking back, it was them that did all that fast work. They just gulped the whole scoop into their mouths! I tried but apparently my mouth wasn't wide enough... Here's our victory pictures!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
After all that work, we won 31 Baskin Robbins vouchers! We divided them and got 10 each. Huai Bin got 11 as a leader.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Here's a bloated tummy picture of mine after. HAHA!!! That's what ice cream does to you!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Yuki and BR man
Photobucket
There were a few more eating contests after ours and Yuki was crazy enough to ask me to enter again. My tummy was already bloated and feeling funny after all that swallowing of ice creams. I didn't even think of eating another scoop of ice cream from the free flow eventuntil more than half an hour later! Unlike Serge, my other team mate who took a cup right after, and another after an hour or so!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket
In the end of the event, the results were out! Guess who won??? IT was Proudduck with her Pralines and Cream. Therefore, Malaysia is going to enjoy Free Upsize with purchase of Double Junior Scoop ice cream on weekdays from 10am - 3pm for a whole year starting Monday!!!!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Here's a picture of me at Huai Bin's booth!!!
Photobucket
Here's some camwhore pictures of us!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yuki left for home at about 10pm. Prakash joined me for drinks at a Mamak nearby and they had shisha there too~! Didn't know there was such a fancy mamak place in Publika!
Photobucket

Photobucket

CheeChingy was there too. Prakash just had to take a picture with her... HAHA!!!
Photobucket 
 
Overall, this event today was an eye-opener. I never did know I could gulp so much ice creams in one go!!! Now that's an achievement in my 20s life!!! HAHAHAA... 

No comments:

Post a Comment